Wednesday 8 April 2015

Blog- Week 10

Kelli Monheiser
Blog- Week 10
Scotland Trip

With Thursday off, this last weekend was a great opportunity to do a little bit of traveling. With our days off, Rachel and I booked a flight to Scotland where we traveled the city of Edinburgh. With our trip, we mainly used Hop-on-Hop-off Tour busses to see a lot of the city. It was a good way to see the historical pieces of the area as well as a great mode of transportation to get to main areas around town. To plan for the trip, we simply went to a Scotland tourist website where we saw that there was a Good Friday Horse Race in a town near ours. The horse race was very new to me as well as something I could now see myself getting a little more into. To get around we walked to keep from spending money on taxis. My only fit to pick with traveling to big cities is that it doesn’t allow for one to see much of the country, but instead history attractions, which isn’t really my cup of tea. Overall, the trip was a great time and we even made it back by Saturday night so that I could go to Church on Easter Sunday. Which brings me to my next point.

We are a very big Catholic family, and Easter Sunday is an important, if not the most important, holiday in our eyes. So, being away was very hard for me. However, because the weather was so nice, it helped with the mood a little bit. To get a little feel for home, Rachel and I went to church and then to lunch where we tried to get as “close to home” meals as we could- filled with meat and potatoes, as well as gravy and cake. We then went back to the Lodge. Because the day was so beautiful, we walked into Spiddal where we searched all over the town for some fishing poles but had no luck. We resorted to the bar where we enjoyed an Easter Beer before walking back home. I was able to talk to my family a little which made me feel a little more at home. For the most part, the week was a good one, and I have the warm weather to thank for that. Heading off to Northern Ireland this weekend, I am a little nervous yet very interested in seeing the history in which we have learned so much about. However, this week was very neat, and took me back home to the hot summer weather that I will soon see.      



No comments:

Post a Comment